May 13, 2013

busy. is good. a busy artist is...grateful. and nuts.





LATE AT NIGHT I LOOK LIKE THIS. in the event people were extremely interested. 

if you look closely you can find my phone. in 2 parts. not cool.



_________________________________________________



this.



is one of my important documents. 

I know. I know.



________________________________________________________________


But. These. 

Are also important. 

Sketches for design work on a show. 



Richmond Ballet's Minds in Motion production:

The Epic of Gilgamesh

_____________













I am seriously lucky. 

Ballet. 

Costume Design. 


good things come to those who. 

Keep.

Making.










(I am inappropriately in love with close up paper details.)











_______________________________________________________


Every show you see. Every time a character walks out. or a set change happens.

Someone designed that. 

Someone said... it should look like 



this.



































I had to take this picture of my bed. Instead of freaking out, I documented it.











For this show, I am the costume designer. 

which is really pretty thrilling. a very neat opportunity.

Since. I love costumes.

and got to dream some up for professional company dancers. and about 3 million kids (that is an educated guess. if you saw the stage you'd guess the same)



























When I get production pictures or possibly some clips of the show, I will share those. 
So you can see some of this in action.

But, these are some early images.





some of the props and costumes in progress.





Oh, and I left this guy in the costume shop. 





Two company dancers brought him to life together. so gracefully. 

It is the kind of dancing I dream up for my puppets. ( yes. I typed that sentence.)

I held my breath. and was excited to watch them USE this puppet to his potential. 

clever choreography and strong dancers. 

It was magical.



____________________________________




It is fulfilling to get where you are trying to get. with professional people who value art. 

and consider it not only important. but vital. 

so they push it into public and private schools. and elevate students. 
teach lessons. 
and expose new little art-lovers to the idea that great things are possible.




Thank you Richmond Ballet.

especially the costume shop.

and Minds in Motion.

It is beyond exciting to see drawings come to life. 









and. for one little peek at part of this on stage. theres a picture here: 



___________________________________________




No comments:

i love music. almost more than everything.