April 10, 2013

When the sun sets in magenta and orange and purple.









Spring is intense.



My mind jumps 43 feet ahead and I am ready for everything.

I am highly affected by the weather.

does everyone want to go camping.swimming.kiteflying.horsebackriding.beachsitting.andseefireworks. AT ONE TIME?

same.


(i do not know where kite flying came from. but the idea is ALWAYS more chic than the reality)
_____________________








I immediately want to live outside. on the sidewalk. In the same outfit for the entire summer. last year it was this one particular romper. boots. and a ponytail. or is that every year?



I like when my arms smell like sun and theres dirt on my skin.. I have no issue with that.








And while the country. mountains. and beach are blatantly right for summer.... theres something wonderful about sweating in the city.

I know. sometimes it can be miserable. artists carry so many things at all times. so... i know. grossness.

But everyone is wearing tank tops and drinking on patios and porches. The medians become parks. People just lay out wherever there is a small plot of grass. it is kind of amazing. everywhere smells like a sweaty cookout. 

This is starting to sound less appealing than I mean.



and this. there are magical hidden things. so. look for them.







________________________________




















________________________________








Do you see this fort?...

This installation was created by elementary school children with learning differences.

It was student-driven. 

While we were working on it, I did not stop smiling or saying out loud, "this is awesome."

because it was.

Every time I turned around another child would come up with something they had been working on, and we would gasp, and add it on. 



______________



We also asked them to think about messages. to tuck into the nest.

One child made a bird. Many drew things. wrote things. tied things on....



and one of them wrote this.


it doesn't say "my" house. 

it says "your" house.







brilliant. 











_____________________________________________________


That is the hope I am talking about. If you anticipate it....
You may get amazing mornings of fort making this spring.


_______________________________________________________


later. a young adult group came and added ladders to the sky.



yes. I said Ladders To The Sky.

As one of them said, "you know, I like to show off my coolness."


________________________________________________________




and this is long overdue. 

but sometimes people ask... hey. can you make something for me?

They give me a little inspiration, but let me do my thing. 

and those are the people I love to work with.



The ones that trust me.



and this is a piece for two sweet people. that I love.

it was his idea to get her a piece of my art for their anniversary. 

he's cool.























happy spring.





No comments:

i love music. almost more than everything.