August 17, 2011

speak loud. and stay young.



 So, this may be the best compliment for an arts camp.







__________________________________


Seriously, how precious is that?

and

A testimony to the power of the arts.


___________________________________


I like spending time with creative kids. in the mountains.


and this is my fourth year so I feel like I have seen the returning kids grow up. and learn things.




Mostly, how to think differently.

Which is exciting.
and also important.









I mean...





I encourage this.





The craze in facial hair is actually their commitment to their parts in The Tempest.





If you give a kid a moustache...


and


 Sometimes I love a drawing a kid does so much that I wish I could take it home.

This zebra is on my list.




the enthusiasm. is awesome.








And I would say- yeah... put your cell phone away during class.

But when you are stretching to the max to get a video of the puppet production another group did... 

GO. AHEAD.






this is also sometimes called- a stressful mess.




YES.

 KE$HA. did I even need to tell you?




and THIS. 
You can't make this stuff up. and don't shoot the messenger- but the kids wrote super short plays and they had to create the characters. 

This guy above is a "business man." 



and no lie. 

someone made ME.




and someone also made Tara... one of the drama teachers.



please note the likenesses. and the outfits.


ok. moving on.



_______________________________________________________



watch them think. 











THIS IS A UNICORN

I read your mind. you needed a close up.



oh, yeah.. and when I asked them to write something about camp... or the arts... or what they really liked this week.

I got some real answers.




and some sweet ones.





preach it...











I said.

PREACH IT:

I think so too.






bam. someone added a wand.







and in the spirit of how I'm feeling lately- 




SPEAK. OUT. 

AND 

SPEAK. LOUD.











(and build monsters. for the stage.)




I love most... watching kids work together.


My guys made that monster. and his mouth moves. 


I'm so proud.




_____________





oh, and my nephew was there. so after the big kids left he checked out the place.

(never to early to give a kid a stage.)







______________



Bye sweet campers.



________________


I have to hit the road. 
Mary Poppins style.


where I blast the music. keep the windows down. stop at all flea markets necessary. and sing at the top of my lungs. 


and
I know it is camp season because it is also peach season.





and apparently I buy everything that is brilliant orange. and canned locally.









_________________________________________


by the way


It does exist:





“Imagination is everything. 

It is the preview of life's coming attractions.”


~ Albert Einstein



____________________________________________________

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your posts are always a treasure to read. You and those munchkins are such an inspiration. <3

Anonymous said...

Your posts are always a treasure to read. You and those munchkins are such an inspiration. <3

Monica A. said...

great post! i, too, love watching kids love what they do...

i love music. almost more than everything.