April 24, 2012

The giant elephant in the room.


__________________________________










Be careful if you let me into your house.




And especially if I have one of these.





and one of these.








Drawing on a wall or ceiling or floor is a lot like cliff jumping. You sort of can't believe someone told you to do it, or let you do it.

But you said you'd do it. and now you are up there. so you have to jump.




Because it would be so lame to half-amaze.

or half-attempt to amaze. 





I COMMIT OFTEN TO PROJECTS THAT SCARE ME A LITTLE. 
things should scare you a healthy amount. 


or else. things stay lame. 
and you never get that filled-up-celebratory-exhausted feeling. 

theres also some pressure when you paint on houses. or ON theaters. 

like HERE and then also here


I figure that I like pressure. or really, I am propelled by it.


And to be honest. I am in love with drawing. 





he's going to watch over a sweet new baby.


________________________














































( there is a giant elephant in the room ) 















and a little bird too.













With a little stripe on another wall.








____________________________________







_______________________________


It is good when projects are bigger than me.

It is really good.



(literal too.)

_________________________________



















what a little dream land.


_________________________________________________


All the best to this family. and the new little life that will be living here.


_________________________________________________



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the elephant, Abby. We love it!

Amanda said...

That looks amazing Abby! Perfect for a baby's room! Makes me want one for my room too! :)

Rhonda said...

any time you are near Binghamton, NY you let me know!! I have a ton of empty walls that could use your lovin'! Excellent elephant!

Mel said...

I LOVE this, especially the little birdie chillin out on top! Too cute! It's so happy and I'm sure the baby is going to love it!

i love music. almost more than everything.