June 16, 2010

Easier to breathe



Hey Summer.





I totally recognize you.


 
And how you trick me into thinking that days are in fact hours longer. 


 
And how you remind me that carrying flowers home on a bike takes top priority.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


In another different but very similar world I am still focusing on getting work done.




I am the good kind of exhausted.


                                                                                                 
            

Lots of studio time lately. And a lot of that time is spent organizing.

Because

I am happy to say that it is a crowded little space. 


*
*
But in all seriousness 


*



*



*






*



Some creatures are trying to escape from my studio.




 
________________________________________


Also, a lot of my time is used for documentation.


Documentation allows the work to live on past the performance. Or, it gives my work a life outside of the little studio that could.

~~~~

This is when puppets or creatures aren't so much... in context.



This is when I run into wonderful people. or lame ones.

______________________________________




I think that if someone does their job amazingly, then you really should let someone in their company know. This belief makes me feel approximately 52 years old.


But, yes I do report wonderful employees. I'm gonna report the girl who helped me print images today.


I stayed up way too late working on editing images and getting them to certain online shopping carts only to find out they would be ready in 7 - 11 business days, or that they were not suitable in the sizes I wanted.


Oh, THEY ARE.  Because kickass employee Jane told me so. I named her Jane because thats what all cool girls are named. DONT tell me about a bad Jane. I wont hear of it.



 Jane let me come back behind the counter to view the images because I get a case of the crazies when I can't see what's going on. 








and NO I didnt ask to go back there. She understood I may want to see what she was doing, so she invited me.


JANNNEEEE!


Also. Shes working it all out in ONE day. And without changing any integrity of the image. And she offered better paper than employee x from months ago at the same location. I wont even name her because she was so apathetic about helping the world with their printing needs.



insert image of apatheticness.




(Awesome. I left the above note for myself when writing this entry. I am totally leaving it as a note. The images you put there probably rule.)


There was also this one guy that helped me at another place this morning. It was too early for him to give his all to my charade. I wish I could have taken a picture though as he went under a table to find where to plug in my zip drive. He came out..went back in...squirmed back out... And by the time he was under there another time, I threw up the white flag and peaced out.

I always think it is weird when someone gives 100 percent of half of their efforts. All that crawling around. But, he blatantly was not going to try and print what I really needed. He just kept pointing to prices as if it would distract me. And, when he said the total was under $5.00 I knew he was avoiding my requests. (p.s. Jane notified me of ways to save money. that's just another fact about her.) He was thrilled when I said ok ok I will try another place. I was thrilled too because there was an iced latte in the car. and the ice was melting.


______________________________



And, because this blog is about my artistic pursuit and what happens on them:

I should add that I had a rough go of it in the morning. So, for some reason I felt it was necessary to overshare at the coffee shop.

(I'm telling you. I tranced out last night averaging totals and sizes and, before I knew it, the hours were in the single digits. The hours between 10pm - 5am pass in triple time. All-nighter-pullers know this. severely. and when I find the person behind this...)


So, in my swollen eyed state I let the coffee shop worker know I was unable to pick out what I wanted to eat and "life was really difficult today."

Then I felt the need to tell everyone who heard me that I meant that in a superficial way. And I only stopped talking because I ordered the multi grain bagel.

The lady who handed me my drink announced the name as
"one latte to make today easier!"



Um... excuse me.. I gotta get .. to the counter.. um. That's me.



____________________________________________________________








this is me too.






Meet my new safety addition.

I have to use a respirator because my respiratory system told me so.
I will spare you the details.


But you can breathe so well in these!

My miniature claustrophobia attack, when I felt I was being suffocated and restrained, let me know I cannot fight fires or scuba dive.



And,

Never knew this about myself, but my heart had a little dance party when I saw the cartridges were pink.

Who am I?



.
 oh yeah. I remember now. 






For storage purposes, I have this puppet in a chair. And now he works at the table with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~










I think something would be wrong if I didn't love the work I make.











And oh, I do.














______________________________________________________________




But then, someone politely asked me to leave.

 



Fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 




But when I turn off the lights and all this craziness is quietly staring back at me.



I am exhausted,


but content.





_______________________________________

No comments:

i love music. almost more than everything.