September 25, 2010

I know what I know. and this is what I know.

___________________________________


There's a lot I don't understand.


*Like why, after complete silence, the motion sensor towel dispenser dishes out the next towel. YET you hear this from a stall. far from the dispenser. and you are certain you are... or were. the only person in the public restroom.



*Like tunnels.



*and while we are at it. Bridges.  Dear the 1st man who tried this, you are magic.



*Like whether or not the red x next to someone's name means you cancelled the accidental text to the wrong person on time ... or not. can we be 100 percent sure?



*Like whistlers. In public locations.



*Like why zits show up at the worst time. in full force. in perfect proximity to some other permanent body marking in order to make a dumb looking picture... oh, you aren't sure what I'm talking about? try the moustache that forms when 2 or more join forces between your nose and upper lip. Or the snake bite that happens when one perches right next to your mole. or... well...  there's more...




but this post is about more than acne.


I hope.


I just started so you never know.


________________________________________________



There's a lot I DO understand.



*And even though this side of the venn diagram may be less full than the other, these are the things I need to rock in order to blow this popsicle stand.

(And since I learned the expression - "Let's blow this popsicle stand", I use it super often to make up for all the time I didn't know it.)





*I know color. I know design.





*I know that I feel best when I'm making work and pushed to such an extreme that I fall asleep standing up.



*I know that I like where I am and what I am doing when I laugh outloud. and I'm alone.




*I know I am so lucky to be where I am. And I know I have so much to learn.







________________________




and I know-  That hustling wasn't just good advice in softball.










It's what you have to do. To be on the starting line up.






If you want to start.







and I do.





1 comment:

Stephanie said...

january in windy city! let's make it happen. can i come see your art when im in richmond?

i love music. almost more than everything.