October 26, 2010

Blackbird




So. I'm tired. 


And that means. 


I'm Crazy.






I AM COMPLETELY AWARE OF MY ACTIONS.






and you want to know what concerns me the most about this

impromptu Photobooth session with the lamb I am building.







Well. no,






It's not that it is a ridiculous thing to do.






It is that she is seen. unfinished. 








her final shots will be posted on here after she's done



_________________________________________________________



I'm currently reading a book nightly that encourages going full force after what you love to do.

More like demands it.




And I am reading it very slowly. so it won't end.




Because my dad wrote on the inside cover. When he gave it to me.

When I was 13.

And, it sounds like him.

And, it powers me out of bed in the morning.



And.

This book pushes me.

He knew it would.







And so does this song,

 
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

 

Paul McCartney






















too excited to sleep.
____________________________________________________________







2 comments:

kristin said...

Oh Abernathy. You are just all sorts of WONDERFUL!!

Keep on-a-rollin'!

Can't wait to see you up here with that lamb. I'll carry him through the streets of NYC, just like I carried Agnes. Come. Now. Or soon.

sarah said...

i owe you an etsy email, but wanted to tell you how much I LOVE YOUR BLOG! it's so inspiring. and funny. and so you. i miss running into you at visarts.

i love music. almost more than everything.