May 10, 2012

ART PEOPLE STAY UP LATE AND ARE HALF DISTRAUGHT AND HALF SMILING ABOUT IT

I said!


ART PEOPLE STAY UP LATE AND ARE HALF DISTRAUGHT AND HALF SMILING ABOUT IT...zzzzzz..zz.z....z. or is that just me?...


______________________

I hope you read that in the voice of an older woman wearing an apron and hair rollers.
because that is how my insides feel. 

_____________________


Late night hashtag party:
#feelslikecollege #deadlineseverywhere #morelike80percent:smiling.and20percent:not-super-sane.




In honor of nights like these. Where normal is not really applicable, 

I want to give out some thank yous. 
please come up and receive your award.
but if everyone could hold their applause until the end that would be fantastic. thanks.

______________________________________________




1. I will start with the inventor of Pandora. You keep me alive. You single handedly keep my heart beating. Did I go too far? Because I meant to.

2. Everything is always due at one time. So, I would like to thank my college professors who prepared me for this. They taught me to suck it up. and ignore the late night headache. They taught me that no matter how well you think you can manage... there will always be a "French test" out there. and Oh my gosh those were SERIOUSLY HARD. 

3. Snacks. Thank you for giving me comfort. Although it comes from a completely unhealthy place, and food should be nourishment...not emotional comfort, you actually make things seem ok.

4. The guys downstairs. Normally I am pissed you are making noise all night. Tonight... it is like we are all hanging out together working on this project. Every now and then when you laugh though... I feel slightly left out. Tonight you should feel free to speak up. 

4. I wish I had a back brace. WHY DONT they make those for people PRE- back injury? I continually find myself hunched over to an obscene degree. (I also know this is not a thank you. but it is actually a PRE- thank you to the person who, in the future, figures out how to help artists not destroy their spine. AND I know it is the second #4. but I typed that with a lot of purpose before I realized it was wrong. and I think it reflects the state I am in. so I am leaving it.) 

5. That last little hour of major productivity. When working very late theres a point where you turn off any music & put in 1 silent hour of work. and it stops being even partly funny. 

6. The reminder that late nights mean I am busy. and doing what I jumped into the deep end to do. 








If you would like to stop following this blog because the 3am version of me is crazy. Please don't. 

Because tomorrow morning is going to be rough already. 


ew.








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dont forget to always comment on posts. but specifically, the Mothers day post which is a couple posts below. if you do, you are automatically entered in the drawing to win the print in that post. Woot. 
Winner announced later at the end of the week. So you still have time. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am ridiculously awesome at 3 AM too... so awesome I try not to be awake at 3AM because my awesomeness is scary...


also just saw you have NEEDTOBREATHE in your playlist down at the bottom. they are my favorite band in the history of the universe.

Rhonda said...

you told me I have to always post? Didn't I do that already? Let me know when I hit that scary stalker chick on my blog level.

i love music. almost more than everything.