December 5, 2014

little piles of hope.




I am collecting the little piles of hope from the floor of my room. and making them into things.





so then 

I wont trip on them. 








Hope is a beautiful thing. 


Hope is a powerful thing. 


Hope is invisible. 


But also. 

You can see it. 











                                                                24" x 24" acrylic on canvas $500.00






_____________________________________________________





and in the spirit of hope.





I just learned that one of my all time favorite professors died yesterday.


CLAUDIA EMERSON.


Read about her here.


She won the Pulitzer Prize.

but will be remembered for her energy. breath. and inspiration.



She was my English Professor in college.

I sat in the front. and I usually did. But I leaned forward in her class.

I remember now that I went by her office and gave her a piece of art when I graduated. I wanted to show her how much she meant to me. It was a bird.  How amazingly ironic.

I thought she was magic. and she made me want to be something great.

to say great things.



She is responsible for my love of Ralph Waldo Emerson (appropriately)

and gave me more confidence and excitement in writing. and articulating.



because she was excited to teach us. She marched while she spoke. She moved around the classroom.



she was the real thing.

______________________


" Guys!" she smiled. out of breath.

"I was thinking about you today while on my walk around the lake...

I had an idea!"

________________________



SHE THOUGHT ABOUT US.
and I knew it was authentic.

I love authentic people. who are smart. and full of life.


I was so sad to hear that she died yesterday. and suffered at all. because I would have loved to see her again. and I will eagerly be looking out for her poetry that will be published after her death.


__________________________





I am definitely putting her in my backpack and continuing to carry her with me.

Thank you Professor Emerson.

I adore you.
your work.
your passion.
and your commitment to making this place better.


________________________________________________________


“I may not always be the smartest person in the room, but I am the most curious,” - Claudia Emerson.


____________________________________________________________




1 comment:

LiveUpKart said...

Pile Cure Capsules contain Harbor Beans, which are used in the production of this product. The Ayurvedic Bawasir medicine helps control bleeding, soften stools, and improve metabolism. Pile Cure Capsule is an effective cure for loose piles. However, before using this medicine, consult a physician or health care practitioner first.
Pile Cure

i love music. almost more than everything.