January 5, 2015

today starts today.


my dear friend (and seriously wonderful artist)- Claire Hill- introduced me to water mixable oils. 



It gave me more life. 



I think when I started painting with them I told strangers even... in a store. Hi. I am now able to paint in oils ANYWHERE. 

and not be swimming in toxic chemicals.

( DO NOT SWIM IN TURPENTINE. that was just an exaggeration. and I speak largely in superlatives.) 


People who chase a fast heartbeat understand what it is like... to be empowered and charged.



acrylic paint dries very fast. it feels a certain way.
oil dries very slow. can be manipulated more. and pushed.
to me, oil is more sculptural. it is what I love to use. 


so this new avenue has been a gift. 

Thanks Claire. 



________________________________


I have also been staring at books. 

a lot. 



and speeches. and sermons. and poetry. 



I feel so lucky to be fascinated and affected by words and ideas.


I was reading one of Winston Churchill's speeches this morning. 

and it was talking about imagination. and how it can be a burden because those of us who imagine- 
we have a lot more to carry in our minds. 


it's a responsibility.


we carry more things in our minds than will actually happen. 


and that can be scary and heavy.

and we need to pray to have the strength to handle it. 


I completely understand that. 

and I would rather need that strength than to be less burdened.


It is a gift. to feel deeply and want richness. 
and invent.


to only settle for such richness. 



and to believe in the potential of our reality.


__________________________________________________


Today starts today. 


OIL. on canvas (thrilled.)

2' x 2' $500.00

and magic. 




















it is a responsibility.
__________________________________________________________________________






_______________________________________________________


No comments:

i love music. almost more than everything.