October 10, 2016

101 feels like 72. NEW WORK. Opening reception









deviled eggs, bbq. and lots of food.

Music from Josh Small and Andrew Alli


____________________________________



My work in this show is about loss. and also about beauty. 
I have been through some rich experiences that continue to teach me how to see the beauty in life. 

Sometimes things are ugly. 

But there are sacred experiences in life and they are good. 

---------------------------------------


I am still trying to figure things out. about things that matter. 
I know that I love authenticity and grace. 

But this is what I will tell my niece. to know herself. and to boldly be that.
because vulnerable is brave. 

and emotions are a part of our humanity. Have them wildly. 


If my soul were visible, it is this show.



_____________________________________________




I am showing with my dear friend Claire Hill

who makes my days better.





                                                                                                                                          left, Abernathy. right, Claire



We hope you come. 






see you Friday.
__________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

Rachel Morris said...

Abby,
I love how you pour your very soul into your art. You are so right. Life is full of beautiful and ugly experiences, loss, and life. It is this that shapes our journeys and who we become. I hope I get to come to your art show! Another great artist is Jenny Eggleston, you should look up her work on Facebook. She is based out of Raleigh and I may be a little biased because she is family, but you and her have a lot in common. You both are forces to be reckoned with!

i love music. almost more than everything.