August 26, 2010

Moon River

I have this love/love relationship with Breakfast at Tiffany's. 





Yes. love/love. That is what I meant to say.





I love how when I first watched it I thought, WHY DOES EVERYONE LOVE THIS?! Audrey Hepburn's character is crazy!. I am having trouble following her. She lives in this alternate universe and people just encourage her to...


[silence]


Then I look in the mirror. And I tuck my hair behind my ear and go along...


researching the structure of a camel's face for a new theater project.

And 

thinking of ways a green baby puppet can enter the stage. via parachute. 


( every thing I say is for real. )


. more to come on the recent projects I am working on.
really busy
which means more NY travels. and you know what that means. 
new ways to carry sculpture on trains. in streets. on subways. and under tables.
oh. updates will happen. 

when they happen.
__________________________________________________________________


I love/love Breakfast at Tiffany's because there can't be any hate for the writing behind it. It's smart. It's funny. It's clever. and then look. 

I am one of those people who love it. too.


 Truman Capote. 

makes me smile. and reach for a highlighter.

_________

 

Tiffany's


It calms me down right away, the quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there, not with those kind men in their nice suits, and that lovely smell of silver and alligator wallets. If I could find a real-life place that made me feel like Tiffany's, then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name." 


___________



Holly Golightly: You know the days when you get the mean reds?
Paul Varjak: The mean reds. You mean like the blues?
Holly Golightly: No. The blues are because you’re getting fat, and maybe it’s been raining too long. You’re just sad, that’s all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you’re afraid, and you don’t know what you’re afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling? "

_________

"It's a bore, but the answer is good things only happen to you if you're good. Good? Honest is more what I mean. Not lawtype honest--I'd rob a grave, I'd steal two-bits off a dead man's eyes if I thought it would contribute to the day's enjoyment--but unto-thyself-type honest. Be anything but a coward, a pretender, an emotional crook, a whore: I'd rather have cancer than a dishonest heart. Which isn't being pious. Just practical. Cancer may cool you, but the other's sure to." 


 

(That last quote above is the kind of thought that reminds me there is nothing holding me back and everything pushing me forward. My stomach gets tight when I read this one. I love it that much. Be honest. About who you are. That's all. How genius. How serious. How encouraging.) 




___________
.newest tablet drawing.














____________








So. I love the story. 


no matter how disjointed Holly's thoughts seem. 




I think the best things are disjointed. 




And in being so, make a lot of good sense. 


Want to see something?    


Look. 




You can be extremely mature and childlike at the same time. 





*





*





*
I hope.

No comments:

i love music. almost more than everything.