August 17, 2010

Rearrange your LIFE

So this kind of stuff is normal for me.





It's not that I am prone to horrible things. It's that I step in gum.

Exhibit A. above

and birds poop on me when running and stuff. I am cool with it. because it can be hilarious.

Just sayin...



I think they are small reminders to chill out on whatever "rush" I think I am in.
Because I always think I am in one.

Most recently:

I committed to hanging work in a coffee shop. You may be familiar with the place. If you aren't. Look out your window. You should see about 6.

And I should also say that I am under their spell --> just like most of you. It is an addiction and no, I'm not getting help. I got a Gold Card.

and the longer you love this stuff the more complicated your order gets until you are THE person you used to laugh at. And personally, I try and word my order with pauses and in such a way to make it look like the customizing I do is a lot less than... "yep that's it.. um. oh also and can you throw one pump of sugar free vanilla in there?"


and they're all like- "let me repeat that" and I'm all like- "please don't. I'm embarrassed."

__________________________________________

And I try and change my routine to spice up my weekdays.

The best idea I had recently was to eat Life cereal for lunch at the office.

I haven't had it in a while and now I'm severely addicted again like I was during 9th grade softball season.

Although try and transport a small amount of soy milk to work for your lunch cereal. It's dumb. Take the whole thing. I am sometimes brilliant.

According to a reliable source I found this out when I Googled for some Life Cereal info:

Life is a breakfast cereal made of whole grain oats, distributed by the Quaker Oats Company. It was introduced in 1958[1]. The cereal's advertisements currently sport the slogan "Life is full of surprises".

-Wikipedia. is my source.
BECAUSE I ALWAYS TRUST IT WITH EVERYTHING.


Note: Life Cereal generates that whole nostalgic reaction I get when I shoot back to my childhood and the rituals that comfort me when my todays go crazy. You know. the ones that put you in the cereal box fort from third grade Thursday mornings when you had to eat fast or you'll miss the bus. But there was always enough time to read the back of the box for the 45345th time.

I think their slogan should be " REARRANGE YOUR LIFE"

My point is. You should shake it up sometimes. Rearrange what you usually do. Even if that means taking a bit of nostalgia with you.

Because there is a lot of stepping-in-gum happening. but that's not the best shake up to your day. The best is when you have on a new pair of flats or when you are newly addicted to Trevor Hall's Who You Gonna Turn To? or when you know you are going to bike to neighborhood karaoke on a weeknight or when you spend the night on your deck reading by strings of Christmas lights.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So switch it up.

Eat cereal for lunch. and do other things

Like this.






In closing, I would like to show you a short project I just completed.

It is a photo documentary I did at work called:

The Life of a Balloon Dog












Come on. is that not cute.



Shortly after this documentation, the dog unravelled into a noodle and wilted away. RIP.

No comments:

i love music. almost more than everything.